[Vision2020] Logical paradoxes

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 21:18:17 PDT 2009

It is easy to be a skeptic... Knowledge is so susceptible to the tools of
rigorous analysis aimed at doubt.  Skepticism is more easily defended than
absolute belief, at least regarding empirical based arguments, for those who
respect the difficulties in logic, epistemology, and theory of science.

What is amazing is that some who promote the most astonishing dogmatism
regarding some aspects of empirical knowledge, will then suddenly become
rigorous skeptics regarding other issues, when it suits their purpose...

Some assert certain religious beliefs, based on empirical arguments, are
absolutely true, and are not undermined by the skeptics rigorous
analysis.... But
then the findings of science, when contradicting these absolute religious
truths, must face the most finely parsed skeptical gauntlet of
questioning...

Who is willing to be thoroughgoing and unbiased skeptic?  Not very many...

Ted Moffett