[Vision2020] Helicopter

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Apr 26 14:11:55 PDT 2009

The code does not distinguish military from civilian aircraft, Kai.

In layman's terms, it simply states that if you fly too low so as to be of
some sort of threat to the peace of those on the ground, you are in
violation of Idaho code.

I am certain that if this aircraft were reported for violation of this
statute, regardless military or civilian, appropriate action would be
taken against the aircraft's pilot.

> I'm on the north side, as well, not far from Orchard.
>
> In reference to Tom's post of Idaho code, the chopper doesn't have an
"N">  number displayed, indicating that it is a military aircraft, and most
> likely exempt from that statute.
>

> From: sslund_2007 at verizon.net
> To: fotopro63 at hotmail.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
> Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Helicopter
> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:53:33 -0700
>

> Yes!!!  Kai, thanks – my attempts at photos didn’t work out.
>
> If you don’t mind me asking, what part of town do you live in?  I’m
i> n the north part of town (Orchard Ave. area), and the flight directly
ove> r my house around 10:30 AM definitely wasn’t 500 feet up.  As I
mentioned> , it didn’t clear my neighbor’s evergreen by more than 50 feet
max,>  and I seriously doubt there was even that much clearance.

> Saundra Lund
> Moscow, ID
>
> The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do
n> othing.
> ~ Edmund Burke

f> or water/snowmelt/snowpack studies.
> It doesn't look like the right type or flight pattern for electrical
transm> ission line inspection, nor would it be right for scientific
studies.
> My guess would be training flights of some sort.
> It's been at least 500 feet off the deck as its flown over my house for
the>  past three days.

> Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it
out> ..
> Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail.
> http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_more_042009>

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to
have fun doin' it.  Lord, let your laughter ring forth.  Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
produce.  And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer
joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it
was."

- Molly
Ivins