[Vision2020] Change in the Environment

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:51:08 PDT 2009

On Friday, May 1, 7-9 pm the INPC is hosting a public forum at WSU in
CUB L60 entitled "Change in the Environment."

My main goal, in organizing this forum, was to provide information and
dispel myths surrounding two scientific, yet culturally significant,
issues: climate control and evolution.

I am the moderator for the event and the panelists are:
Carol M. Anelli, Entomology (WSU)
Tim A. Kohler, Anthropology (WSU)
Elisabeth Lloyd, Philosophy (Indiana)
Von P. Walden, Geography (UI)
Michael S. Webster, Biology (WSU)

But I'm not just trying to publicize this event. This is also a call
for help! I need to send the panelists some questions that might be
asked at the forum. So, what questions would you ask, when thinking
about the problems of climate control and evolution from a scientific
perspective? If these folks (and myself) were before you, and these
issues came up, what questions would you ask us?

These are important topics so if folks wish to step into the thread
with some answers or other comments, that is fine by me! I'll sift out
the information I need and enjoy the rest -- or more likely throw in a
comment or two!

Best, Joe