[Vision2020] State Faculty Union Responds to Financial Crisis

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Apr 23 09:47:55 PDT 2009

Jennifer Ingalls stated:

"I wonder how many quality professors Idaho would gain (and maintain) if
this changed . . . "

This would open a whole new world of potential employment for us former
employed IH's, Jennifer.

I, again, present my offer that I made earlier.  Here is my offer:

1)  $12 per hour

2)  20-hour weeks

3)  Free coffee fund

4)  Access to the executive faculty restroom (The porta-potty at the
Shattuck Arboretum should suffice)

Being retired Army I to not require enrollment in the UI DGS (Don't Get
Sick) health insurance program.

Items #1, #2, and #4 are non-negotiable.  I am willing (if necessary) to
contribute fifty cents monthly to the UI Coffee/Stimulus Fund.

Now, don't everybody call at once.

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to
have fun doin' it.  Lord, let your laughter ring forth.  Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
produce.  And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer
joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it
was."

- Molly
Ivins