[Vision2020] Income Tax Burden Near Its All-Time Low

Gier, Nicholas NGIER at uidaho.edu
Wed Apr 22 14:59:33 PDT 2009

Hi Roger,

How do you explain that fact that 7 European welfare states (all with very high taxes) always rank among at the top of most competitive economies in the world.  How does Denmark with a marginal tax rate of 70 percent rank first in venture-capital investments per capita (The Economist, 3/14/09) and the most business friendly country in the world?  And, oh yes, it has had several years running the lowest unemployment rate in the world.

Libertarian economics has been empirically disconfirmed for many years.  Time to give it up to give up for the Third Way.

Nick