[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 22 05:30:11 PDT 2009

"Some things in life need to be mysterious. Sometimes you need to just
keep walking."

- Peggy Noonan, criticizing release of torture memos

---------------------

One of the most famous scenes in all of movie history is when Dorothy and
her three companions stand before the Wizard of Oz. As the travelers beg
for help, the gaseous scene explodes, "Silence! I know what you want. I am
Oz!" The four innocents are intimidated into submission.

It is Toto who saves the day, scampering across the floor and pulling back
the curtain. The wizard lamely tries to salvage his scam, bellowing, "Pay
no attention to that man behind the curtain!" They do, of course, and the
fraud is exposed for what it is.

This is not Oz, Visionaires.  We do not live in a fantasy world.

We are not led blindly by a mysterious wizard.  And we sholdn't be, nor
should we have been.  The two most important attributes of a good leader
are transparency and accountability.

We must bring criminals to justice and hold them accountable for their
deeds.

Seeya at the CommUNITY Walk, Moscow.

"So keep fightin' for freedom and justice, beloveds, but don't forget to
have fun doin' it.  Lord, let your laughter ring forth.  Be outrageous,
ridicule the fraidy-cats, rejoice in all the oddities that freedom can
produce.  And when you get through kickin' ass and celebratin' the sheer
joy of a good fight, be sure to tell those who come after how much fun it
was."

- Molly
Ivins