[Vision2020] Moscow Tea Party

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 13:28:00 PDT 2009

I'm also not happy about the huge numbers that are being bandied about so casually these days.  It wasn't that long ago that a measly few hundred billion sounded like a lot of money.  I like the idea of stimulus spending, especially if it also brings about infrastructure improvements that have been sorely needed for years, though.  As for the bailouts, I'd rather they waited until the idiots that made the mess lost their asses, then bailed out the people who were victimized by it - if they feel they have to bail someone out.  I say we put "too big to fail" to the test.

I wouldn't call Obama our "Beloved Leader", though.  He has sided with the Bush Administration on wiretapping, and has actually made it worse.  I'm still behind him on stopping torture, working to get us out of Iraq, and few other things.  And it's early, yet.

Paul