[Vision2020] BACK to the Original Question

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:07:47 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 17:45, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What Sunil doesn't realize, is that I am awful with the use of everyday
> language because I am unable to clearly see the social context of my words.
> When my writing comes across as awkward, disjointed, socially cruel, and/or
> nonsensical, he assumes my words where written with clarity of the
> understanding of the social contextual meaning in them. Which most of the
> time I am not, because I don't see social context and meaning of words, as
> others do.

Sunil does realize this, as do most of the others on Vision2020. Your
behavior makes it obvious. Further, we are aware of your Asperger's.
It is our awareness that makes your behavior problematic.

You know that there is a high likelihood that any miscommunication is
yours, and yet you consistently fail to take this into account, unless
you want to use it as an excuse, as you are doing here.

I have suffered from Asperger's for longer than you have been alive.
I am sympathetic.  However, Asperger's is manageable.  An important
step in managing it -- maybe the most important step -- is resisting
the temptation to use it as a justification for misconduct.