[Vision2020] BACK to the Original Question

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:06:07 PDT 2009

Wayne,

That's what he does.  He's too dishonest to argue with any integrity.  This happens every time someone calls him on a specious comment.

First he changes terms and definitions, then he changes what you have said and argues against positions you never took. Finally he launches into personal attacks. In my case he accuses me of defending terrorists and child molesters; this because I do in fact defend people charged with those crimes, and because I believe that people accused of terrorism are entitled, under our Constitution, to being charged with crimes and being able to defend themselves.

In the last few months he seemed to concede that the accused are entitled to representation. However, I should not be providing that representation. I don't know what qualifies him to be my guidance counselor. It's not having spent a minute in my company, at least not as far as I can remember.

He often tells us of his work with vulnerable people, adults, I believe. I wonder how he would like it if he were falsely accused of a sex crime against one of them? Would he say, 'I've been accused so it must be true? Take me away now. And please, no lawyers, I hate them.'

Or would he waddle his ass to a lawyer and hope to be vigorously defended? And would he understand it's not the lawyer's place to try to decide who is actually innocent, and thus entitled to a defense? It's our place to defend all our clients, regardless of our personal opinions as to their innocence or guilt.

Sunil