[Vision2020] Animals are People, Too: Overcoming the Myth of Human Uniqueness

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 17:48:33 PDT 2009

Ted,

It can only be argued that human intelligence isn't necessarily a long term strategy for survival because humans have not been around very long to test such a theory. So far, human intelligence has lead to a higher quality of life, and an ability to spread the species on every continent on Earth, and a few off if we wish it. If the primary goal of a species is to remain unchanged and survive, then the "rock" is most highly formed species on the planet.

The only species that don't destroy themselves are the species that are so weak other species or the environment destroy them. I would rather humans hold their own destiny in their own hands, then it be left to the actions of another species or a change in the environment.

Intelligence is the only useful tool Humans have, for better or for worse. But I think it is the best one to have.

Best Regards,

Donovan