[Vision2020] National Service?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Tue Apr 7 14:26:41 PDT 2009

Donovan!

YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!

And thanks for helping with the hungry Vets!

I may have just been a sap, but I couldn't walk by the homeless elderly vets over in
eastern
europe either.  Saddest sight for me was an older woman, wearing her WWII medals and her
rags of clothes with a plate on her lap. THE worst part was the look of total defeat and
despare
on her face and couldn't look anyone in the eye.

I was there in my uniform, do you think I could  pass her by?

> Bear,
> It really is sad at how many vets are homeless in DC. When I lived in DC I
> volunteered for a homeless kitchen called "Martha's Table", it was
populari> zed by Barbara Bush. We would take food and drove around DC in vans and
sto> pped at certain locations and hand out food three times a day. There were
a>  large number of veterans there.