[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:22:11 PDT 2009

I invite and encourage y'all to read . . .

A memorandum from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, dated July 7, 2006 . . .

"Application of Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions to the Treatment of Detainees in the Department of Defense"

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Aug2006/d20060814comm3.pdf

Yes, Arnold.  The Secretary of Defense (on July 7, 2006 and up to and including today) considers Common Article 3 of the Geneva Conventions to be the governing document in the processing/handling of detainees incarcerated at Guantanamo.

If you have any questions, or doubt the Secretary's autority in this matter, I suggest that you contact Secretary Gates at (703) 697-4602 (as posted in the memorandum), and set him straight.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go to work."

- Roy Zimmerman