[Vision2020] Kibbie Dome To Become Pigouts

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Apr 1 10:42:09 PDT 2009

Bear -

Although Vision 2020 does make an excellent "sounding board", if you want
something done about your complaint, may I suggest . . .

The "Public Commentary" portion of the next Moscow City Council session,
scheduled for 7:00 PM in the council chambers of City Hall on April 6,
2009.

I'm not saying that the city council responds immediately to every
complaint.  One thing is for certain, though.  Airing your complaint
before the city council is far more pro-active than airing it before
Vision 2020.

How about it?

> Saundra,
>
> Honestly, I'm NOT aware of what's happening with the business incubator,
but I'm more than

> willing to listen. An informed and educated public IS the key to a lot
of the issues not
> only at
> the federal and state level but also at the local, grass roots level.
>
> I ran into another issue having breakfast this week, in the driveway of
the city parking
> lot (yes,
> the one that was just repaved) behind Breakfast Club, the Chamber of
Commerce, etc.  The
> city,
> read that as the taxpayers paid to have the driveway recently repaved.
However, someone,
> and I
> lay this on the city streets department and the city council, never
bothered to do any
> quality
> control on it. There are two storm water sewers about 200 feet apart in
the middle of the

> driveway. Currently, one of the businesses that backs on that driveway
has a plugged
> drain, and
> the roof water is running into that driveway. Still ok, that's why the
storm water sewers
> are
> there. Unfortunately, since there was no quality control, the storm
sewer that is about 10

> feet
> away, is up hill from the backed up drain, and the water is now
traveling about 100 feet
> toward
> the other, down hill storm sewer. Now, you ask, why complain  if it's
headed that way?
> Simple,
> the storm sewer at the south end is also up hill and the water can't get
to it! Basic
> principle of
> hydro physics that our city fathers/mothers and the streets department
seem to have
> missed,
> and you can quote me on this, WATER RUNS DOWNHILL.  So, instead of the
water running into

> the storm sewers, it forms a small creek in the middle of the driveway.
Not a real problem