[Vision2020] Government and babies

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Wed Apr 1 08:38:58 PDT 2009

Jennifer,

I really think Donovan has struck on a great idea!  Government permission would cause an
objective look at the potential parents and ask the question, "Should they be allowed have
baby"? I think we can all site examples of people that shouldn't.

And this also clears up the funding issues of schools. YOU decide to have a baby, the
government approves, and YOU get taxed accordingly to fund education K thru 12. In other
words, YOU had a baby, YOU pay for them to be educated, and keep your hands out of the
pockets of those that choose not to have babies that need educated. IF you are one of the
approved "parents", and don't think the education is adequate or that there needs to be
more
money put into  K-12 education, just reach into YOUR OWN pocket and kick in, or the
legislature will increase the education taxes to the approved baby makers!

If you don't drive, the gas taxes don't effect you directly, if you don't smoke, tobacco
taxes
don't effect you, so why should someone having a baby be able to spread the wealth (or
pain)
of raising that child on the rest of the tax paying public?

Ironic isn't it *S*