[Vision2020] Interesting speech about the bailouts

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 20:06:25 PDT 2008

I ran across this surfing around the net.  It's Rep Marcy Kaptur (D -
OH) criticizing what Congress is doing about the bailout.  It's nice to
see not everyone is sitting back and rubber stamping this mess of
legislation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZFCVhZsPe8

I know that the bailout went through tonight, so maybe this is too
late.  But you're kidding yourself if you think this is the last of it.
Every banking institution on Wall St will be looking for a handout soon
enough.

What exactly are you and I getting for our share of the tax burden?

We'll be in this mess until we get ourselves out of debt and stop buying
so much useless crap.  We've done this to ourselves, and a bunch of
extremely rich people are making money hand-over-fist because of it.

Paul