[Vision2020] Bill Ayers & Barack Obama

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:04:29 PDT 2008

Andreas,

You missed several of Kurtz's points, mostly because I didn't link to
his follow-up piece:

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=MTViMGRmMmYxZTgwZTFjYmFjODU5YzM4Y2MwM2ViMjY=

Notice this: "The Chicago Annenberg Challenge stands as Barack Obama's
most important executive experience to date. By its own account, CAC
was a largely a failure."

Two memoirs and no mention of CAC or the millions of dollars they
squandered trying to "reform" the Chicago school system.

Repeat after me: "Change you can believe in."

But the real issue is that you're whistling through the graveyard.
This was evident when you dismissed domestic terrorist Bill Ayers'
crimes as a "particularly heinous and dangerous form of vandalism."

Last time I checked, throwing a rock through my neighbor's window was
"vandalism." Blowing up buildings to scare the hell out of the general
population (hence the word "terror") and intending to overthrow the US
government is terrorism proper. By comparison, Ayers' objective was no
different than the 9/11 terrorists. Or should I call them "vandals"?
The Weathermen literally declared war on the US and Ayers and his
fellow terrorists acted on their declaration.

And if you call Obama's first and primary executive experience of
sitting on the board of directors of an organization founded by a
domestic terrorist and serving on that board with the domestic
terrorist a connection of "the slenderest of threads," then I'm pretty
sure there's nothing left to discuss. Nothing, that is, except that
Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn launched Obama's political career in
the living room of their Hyde Park home.

http://warrenpeacemuse.blogspot.com/2005/01/get-to-know-barack-obama-when-i-first.html

Sounds slender to me.

Obama's connection to Ayers goes back to 1988 — perhaps farther. You
cannot escape Obama's past, though I don't blame you for wanting to
dismiss it. I simply believe it would be better for Americans to know
his past now rather than later, and I'm surprised at your disinterest.