[Vision2020] Bill Ayers & Barack Obama

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 19:24:27 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:39 AM, No Weatherman <no.weatherman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hate to be a nattering nabob of negativity, but to be fair, if you
> read Liddy's biography, as I have, and if you listen to him on the
> radio, as I do, then you'd know that Liddy justifies his illegal
> activities by arguing that America was fighting a two-front war at the
> time — one in Nam and the other on the streets of the US.

I frankly don''t give a shit how G. Gordon justifies his miscellaneous
acts of treason treason: he stole elections, conspired to commit
murder, committed burglary, and wiretapped his political enemies'
phones. The man was a brownshirt, and if Nixon's crimes against
America hadn't been quietly swept under the rug, he would've been hung
from the neck until dead, along with his co-conspirators. Every
monster in history has justified his crimes while claiming it was for
the better good: this does not relieve them from adhering to an
objective standard of right and wrong.

As for Ayers:

Kurtz got access to his '70 linear feet' of records, and the best he
could get was scare quotes. Ayers was on the five-man committee that
nominated Obama to the CAC. Scary! Ayers got several of his
"leadership initiatives" funded through the CAC.  Terrifying! Obama
funded one of his own private initiatives using CAC funds. Radical!

Other than placing quotes around a number of educational terms of art
in order to make them look suspicious, Stanley Kurtz -- the most
hostile reader possible -- got exactly what anyone would get out of 70
linear feet of nonprofit board meetings. Which is to say, nothing.
Nothing whatsoever. Nothing reflecting a relationship more extensive
than 'two guys who once sat on a nonprofit board together.'

The rest of your email is nothing more than miscellaneous bad things
about Ayers, who is a very bad man connected by the slenderest of
threads to a Presidential candidate.

-- ACS

* Incidentally, anyone who thinks the CAC was a radical organization
might like to know that it was funded by the Annenberg Trust, a family
foundation notable not for manufacturing pipe bombs but funding NPR
and the video 'Algebra: In Simplest Terms.'

 largely notable for being a large private funder of NPR.