[Vision2020] Fwd: General Fund shortfall - UPDATE

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Thu Sep 25 15:16:20 PDT 2008

>Visionaires:

Are we head into the 2009 Legislative session, it appears that we will be
looking at tough economic times.  We've heard at best we may get a maintenance
budget.  The Governor is asking agencies to prepare budgets with a one
percent, 2 percent or 2.5 percent holdback.  The declining revenues on the
taxes coming into the General Fund will continued to be monitored on a
monthly basis.  Most other states are going through the same process.
We do have several reserve funds.  We have about $113,000,000 in a K-12
public school reserve fund, for example that could be very helpful in case
the economy goes further south.

Rep. Tom Trail

--
Dr. Tom Trail