[Vision2020] Why are we bailing out all these largecorporations?

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 23 09:52:20 PDT 2008

Chuck
When did you graduate from Marsing? Were you behind Cosin Judy and Jenifer Barrett? On the bail out.
I would say it started with Wilson. I would leave Truman and Kennedy out of it. Nixon and Ford might  be included.
The current mess is basicity the result of loans to people who reasonably could not pay them back. This was encouraged by Clinton. How to get out of it is a major problem that will efect everyone. The plan presented By Senator Dodd may have some merit. I think that restrictions on executive compensation is warranted. There should also be some oversight on potential loan to people who can not pay for them. I do not like the idea of partial government ownership. I would rather they were in the form of loans that eventually would be repaid as in the chrysler bail out.
Roger