[Vision2020] one injured in bop-a-student crossing

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Sep 23 07:47:32 PDT 2008

I agree with Bev.

This topic has been tabled here at the Viz and several times at city
council sessions.

It's time to do something, people.

Perhaps we can make this a community-effort thing.  Fire up a design
competition among community groups, schools, etc. etc.

I googled "pedestrial overpass" and came up with . . .

http://tinyurl.com/3rqkk9

The location is pefect for something artsy that says "Welcome to Moscow,
Heart of the Arts" on the pedestrian overpass as motorists enter Moscow
from Pullman, and a "Thanks for visiting Moscow" artsy sign for west-bound
traffic.

Let's make it happen, people, before some student pays the ultimate price
for our apathy.

TOm Hansen