[Vision2020] A Bipartisan Extortion of the American Taxpayer

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 17 14:45:45 PDT 2008

Another question to consider, even if is determined that that the cost
burden to the tax payers is considered to be fairly high.

Mr. Harkins, being a CPA, should totally understand the concept I am
addressing . . .

Return on Investment

Those of us with a strong community conscience are willing to contribute
that extra time, money, or effort for the sake of a better community.

The selfish adage of "If I don't use it, why should I pay for it" doesn't
hold water.  God gave us two hands.  One hand to help ourselves.  The
other hand to help others.

This brings to mind an example I explained here on the Viz a few years
back . . .

There are two rooms.  In each room is a long table with long benches on
each side.  The table is stocked with food.  The people in the rooms are
secured to the benches and have long 3-foot spoons strapped securely to
their wrists.

As you look into Room #1, you notice that the people are starving,
because, although the spoons can easily reach the food, the spoons are too
long to maneuver to their mouths.

As you look into Room #2, you notice that the people are well fed because
they are feeding each other.

Until we as people adopt and welcome the attitude of that community in
Room #2, we are all doomed to the same fate of those in Room #1.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"I can't.
You can't.
We can."