[Vision2020] Miscellaneous Ruminations

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 16 10:16:01 PDT 2008

The first part is for Chas and Andreas
Chas thinks that my response to Keely saying that she would be amazed if Palin lasted a month added nothing to the discussion. I could have gone into a long winded explanation of her staying power. My posts are usually short. My response says the same thing mors concisely. Just what did Adreas's comment add. I have no objection to someone chiming in with an "I agree" response, but in light of Chas's complaint it made no sense.

There has been some discussion on here as to what should be valid subject matter. personally I like the inclusion of all subject's. I like the point, counterpoint exchange. "Point, Counterpoint" by Aldous Huxley is one of my favourites. I would just hope that the discussion is civil and absent of vulgarity.

I post on here in order to balance out the left wing tilt of vision2020. I admit that I do an inadequate job of it. I would like to see more conservatives participate, particular those that are more articulate than I am. For those who object to the term "left wing" I do it to distinguish them from classical Liberals. I do not consider those who advocate big government and more regulation to be liberals in the classical sense.

There is a misconception that conservatives are rich as Ralph implied. I think the reverse is tue. A good share of the left wing are rich. Some conservatives are also. but the mainstream conservatives they are middle income or lower income. As for me, if you use government guidelines I would be in the poverty class. I get by without handouts and give more to charity than Joe Biden, who is rich.

I just received "The Dark Side"by Jane  Meyer. I will read it with a grain of salt.

Roger