[Vision2020] ENOUGH with Defending Sexism!

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 12 13:00:32 PDT 2008

Agreed.

I'll add that I'm having a difficult time conceiving of a circumstance where
I wouldn't find it nauseating and morally indefensible for anyone to try to
justify, excuse, or explain away Palin-appointed Fannon's stated position of
preferring to further victimize rape victims just to save the taxpayers a
few bucks.

Note that this injustice requiring statewide legislation to correct was
ongoing at a time when Palin was agitating for her ultimately successful
sales tax increase to fund her dream sports complex and during a time when
she'd hired an elite private lobbyist firm to secure "earmarks" totaling $27
million for tiny Wasilla (2000-2003).  To me, that speaks volumes about her
priorities and "executive" experience.

But, given Palin's subsequent difficulty adequately vetting her appointees
with respect to sexism, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised at her choice of
Fannon.

Probably everyone is aware of Troopergate, but for those who aren't aware,
the man (Charles Kopp) Palin appointed to replace the DPS Commissioner she
didn't work out too well for her:

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=8681812

http://www.ktuu.com/global/story.asp?s=8712164

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/127679

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMJaahqxtuo

(Yuppers, it's the real broadcast)

No, Palin didn't have the mother-wit to fire Kopp and I found her comments
telling, to put it mildly.

Oh, wait - I guess that should be a non-issue, too.  It was a whopping three
years ago!  And, after all, she's only running to be the VP of this great
nation . . . and this failure to properly vet candidates seems to be a
recurring theme with the McCain/Palin ticket.

Saundra Lund

Moscow, ID

nothing.

~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****