[Vision2020] Palin and library books

Jeff Harkins jeffh at moscow.com
Tue Sep 9 15:23:25 PDT 2008

Well, fortunately, the issue is being
investigated, ad nauseum, and I am sure we will
have a rather clear picture of what actually
happened.  Is was reported today that the
Municipal Library had initiated (at the time of
the incident) a revision of the then stated "book
challenge" policies.  Perhaps a citizen wanted to
be sure that the library was pursuing
"acceptable" challenge policies. It could very
well be that Palin intervened to be more informed
about the issue before it became divisive.

I have seen no evidence that she is scrambling to
cover her tracks.  Do you have some?

What is clear (from the AK Main Library
Association)  no books have been banned.

Wouldn't you want your elected officials to be
fully informed about proposed policies from a
department they were responsible for.

You, somewhat sanctimoniously, declare:
of great interest and concern to me is that
banning books was a topic in which Palin had any
interest and tells me a great deal about her.
What exactly does it tell you?  Are there no
books that should be taken off the shelf?

It seems ever more clear to me that you would go
to almost any length to discredit Gov.
Palin.  You know, it is one thing to conclude how
you intend to vote - you do get one vote, just
like the rest of us.  It is quite another to
engage in the kind of destructive dialogue that
you are pandering on this engaging and successful
candidate - presumably with the intent of
persuading others to vote for your candidate.

For example, rather than speculate about Gov.
Palin's intent and involvement in the book ban
issue, why don't you simply make your case to the
appropriate AK officials and then wait for the investigation.

Same line of thinking applies to the expense
reimbursements.  From the AK press, it is evident
that the fiscal affairs folks in AK government
are reviewing those expenses. Wait for their
report, then read and disseminate their findings.

Your "sky is falling" strategy is boorish and painful.

OTOH - I could encourage you to continue your
"unfounded assertions" outbursts.  It does seem
that the more the left uses this tactic to attack
Gov. Palin, the more folks show their support for her.

In the meanwhile, try picking an issue - say
economic development and see how she has
performed as a Mayor and a Governor in that
realm.  Lots of facts about that one.

Anyway, I'm done.  I will wait for the
appropriate officials to release their findings.