[Vision2020] [CORRECTED] Palin and book banning

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 8 06:20:07 PDT 2008

Keely stated: "I would not knowingly pass along false information, and if this is not a true story -- if it's not an accurate account of any attempts, if there are any, of Palin's attempts to take certain titles off the shelves -- then I shouldn't have posted it.  Dale Courtney says it's false.  I don't know.  But if someone out there can demonstrate to me that what I passed along was, in fact, false, then I apologize now and will again." The authority cited by Dale Courtney, in repudiating Keely's claim, is a blog (that's right, a blog) titled "Explorations", whose mantra is "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense", at: http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/ Concerning the author of this blog, Charles Martin: From "Explorations" at: http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/about/
"About the Author

- Charlie Martin (variously known as Charles R Martin in technical publications, “Charlie (Colorado)” in blog comments, and “Seneca the Younger” when posting at Flares into Darkness) is a computer scientist in Louisville, Colorado. The musings in this blog, whether on technical subjects, Buddhism, politics, philosophy, modern business, arts, sciences, cats, passing fancies, or other less categorizable notions, are his own and no one else is in any way responsible.

- Charlie Martin is a Colorado computer scientist and nearly-successful screenwriter who contributes to the Flares Into Darkness political blog as ‘Seneca the Younger,’ and blogs under his own name at the aggressively non-political Explorations blog."

-----

Now, about Exploration's blog entry titled "Palin Rumors", located at:

http://explorations.chasrmartin.com/2008/09/06/palin-rumors/

Among the listed 71 "rumors" (some would better serve as fodder for stand-up comedy) is . . .

"41.  No the list of books she wanted to ban that’s being passed around isn’t real; among other things, it includes a number of books published after her time in office there."

Within this text "list of books" is linked to Exploration's source of verification, another blog, Mike Cane 2008, at:

http://tinyurl.com/67j9qr

So, what you have here is Dale Courtney's blahg repudiating a claim by referencing another blog who verifies their statements by citing yet another blog.

Kinda reminds me of a line in a song of which I forget the title . . .

"Here we go round in circles . . . "

So, Keely, until I read or hear it from a more reliable source (say, maybe the National Enquirer), your husband's cousin's claim remains intact.

Seeya round town, Moscow.