[Vision2020] McCain's Choice Bad for Voters

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Sep 6 12:06:41 PDT 2008

>From today's (September 6, 2008) "Letters" section of the Spokesman Review
with thanks to Anesa Miller of Pullman.

McCain's choice bad for voters

John McCain has foisted an unknown politician on American voters with
barely two months for her credentials to be revealed and considered. Now
his campaign wants to silence questions with bullying worthy of Bill
O'Reilly.

If we think her resume – PTA, small-town mayor, 18 months as governor of
our least populous state – looks a bit thin, Carly Fiorina shrieks sexism.
If we question her judgment as a mother – shoving her pregnant daughter
into the public eye – Steve Schmidt cries "trumped-up media scandal."

Meanwhile, the facts of Palin's background that continue to trickle out
are anything but reassuring. For an even-handed and balanced history of
Palin's public life, written by a well-informed woman unafraid to come
forward and give her name (despite the real danger of retaliation), check
out:

http://www.andrys.com/palin-kilkenny.html

This is not rumor or smear, but the details are sobering.

The real scandal here is McCain's attempt to pander for votes by putting
such an unqualified candidate a heartbeat away from the presidency.

Anesa Miller
Pullman

Seeya round town, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)