[Vision2020] Palin Pastor Problem Presents Potential Pitfalls

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 3 06:41:55 PDT 2008

"The war in Iraq is part of God’s plan, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said in
June in a speech at her former church.

Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate whose son will deploy to
Iraq in a few weeks, told the students that 'our national leaders, are
sending [the troops] out on a task that is from God.'"

- From MarketWatch at:
http://tinyurl.com/57v8bx

--------------------------------

"What you see in a terrorist -- that's called the invisible enemy. There
has always been an invisible enemy. What you see in Iraq, basically, is a
manifestation of what's going on in this unseen world called the spirit
world. ... We need to think like Jesus thinks. We are in a time and a
season of war, and we need to think like that. We need to develop that
instinct. We need to develop as believers the instinct that we are at war,
and that war is contending for your faith. ... Jesus called us to die.
You're worried about getting hurt? He's called us to die. Listen, you know
we can't even follow him unless you are willing to give up your life. ...
I believe that Jesus himself operated from that position of war mode.
Everyone say "war mode." Now you say, wait a minute Ed, he's like the good
shepherd, he's loving all the time and he's kind all the time. Oh yes he
is -- but I also believe that he had a part of his thoughts that knew that
he was in a war."

- Ed Kalnins, the senior pastor of Wasilla Assembly of God, from the
Huffington Post (with video) at:
http://tinyurl.com/6dz8yg

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)