[Vision2020] Sarah Palin

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Sep 2 14:59:18 PDT 2008

Barack Obama is a Harvard Law School graduate and editor of the school's Law Review.  He worked in the trenches as a community organizer in Chicago, then became a state senator, and was then elected to his Senate Term.  Moreover, even those who disagree with him on policy issues acknowledge not only his extraordinary intelligence, but also his grasp of foreign and domestic affairs.

Sarah Palin's mayoral job involved managing a village 1/20th the size of Obama's state senate district, and she's been governor for less than two years.  While apparently a bright person, she has no experience in foreign policy or domestic policy issues not directly related to her less than two years as Alaska's governor.  Touting her gubernatorial experience as a management or administrative slam-dunk over Biden or Obama is sad.  While I have no doubt that Biden, Obama, and even McCain, for whom I won't vote, are more than capable of the administrative aspects of the presidency, there's a greater need for statesmanship, encyclopedic knowledge of world events, judgment, economic perspective outside of one's own state, and credibility as the leader of the most powerful nation on earth.  Sarah Palin lacks all of those, and whatever administrative/management experience she has is a poor substitute for any of them.

I wish just one conservative would acknowledge all of this and call it what it is:  a surprising choice that may or may not pay off for McCain and may or may not stay unchanged 'til November 4.  That does nothing to dishonor her, neither directly by insulting ner, nor indirectly by fawning over Palin as though she were the incarnation of every great female ambassador, senator, or judge to ever have existed.

Keely

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/