[Vision2020] they can check Joe the Plumber’s background but Obama won’t prove his NBC

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:00:05 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:39, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> This should scare the hell out of everyone. An average citizen gets extensive veting, yet there is a lot that we do not know about Obama's background. This type of thing is truly Orwellian. Are we all going to be afraid to voice our opinions.

As an experiment, I've been asking students what they knew about
McCain versus what they knew about Obama.  I stopped when I had asked
40 people, 20 women, 20 men.  I always ensured that we were out of
earshot of any other person.

What 25% or more knew about McCain:

He was a veteran.
He was a prisoner of war.
He has a rich wife.
He has a bad temper.

What 25% or more knew about Obama:

He was born in Hawaii.
His father was from Africa.
He had a white mother.
He knew Bill Ayers.
He is a Christian.

My survey was not scientific, I acknowledge.

I asked this exact question of each person:

"In sixty seconds, tell me everything that you know about John McCain."

Then I asked this:

"In sixty seconds, tell me everything that you know about Barack Obama."

I reversed the order of the questions 50% of the time.

Interestingly, not a single person called Obama a Muslim.

Several people told me that McCain blinked a lot.
Several told me that McCain was short.
Five people know nothing about McCain other than that he was a POW
survivor who was running for president.
Five people knew nothing about Obama other than that he was black man
running for president.

None mentioned where, or if, McCain had attended college.
Eight knew that Obama had attended Harvard.
One knew where McCain was born.
Two Mentioned Rezko.
Five mentioned Wright.

I am currently typing the info into Excel, which I will gladly share
with anyone who is interested.

There were approximately twice as many unique pieces of data known
about Obama than about McCain.

Chas