[Vision2020] Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:52:05 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 07:26, No Weatherman <no.weatherman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> You judge the package based on soundbites.

> Please give one example.

The majority of your posts document this for me, including this one.
Based on unfavorable soundbites -- selected by his foes -- you have
come to conclusions that predispose you to ignoring the larger
picture.

Have you read his books?  Nope, because your mind is already closed to
the possibility of learning anything that might contradict the
prejudices you have already formed.  Obama didn't write "Dreams from
My Father," you conclude, because Cashill presents amateurish,
unconvincing evidence that it is so, and it pleases you to believe it,
so you do.

I've read McCain, AKA his ghostwriter Mark Salter, and I learned that
there is a lot to respect about McCain.  You decide, quote: "If Ayers
wrote Dreams — as all the evidence indicates — then the only
> view it reflects is Obama's close bond with Ayers."  And you know this from your careful non-reading.

You write:

> The caliber, content and style differentials between his two books is
> too great for him to have written Dreams."

And you know this from your careful non-reading.

> I have not judged the package based on soundbites and you cannot give
> one example to prove this assertion

See above.

You write:

> I saw all I need to see of Wright when his son — Barack Obama — threw
> him overboard without a life vest or life boat, abandoning him to
> drown in a watery abyss of anti-Semite America-hating racism.

And:

> If jettisoning Wright was good enough for Obama, it's good enough for me.

Oooh, that's some fine logic.  You don't have to fairly evaluate
Wright because a man you pathologically distrust publicly disavowed
him.

This is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and
squealing: "Neener neener neener!  I don't have to listen to evidence,
and you can't make me!"

You can make all of the excuses you want, but your intellectual
cowardice is showing.

Meanwhile, you attempt to drown us in anti-Obama deluge.  Do I smell a
hypocrite?

> I wish I was as thorough as you.

Really?  Then examine the evidence that I have provided you, instead
of engaging in this one-sided self-deceit.

Oh, sarcasm, right?  In which case you are implicitly acknowledging
your one-sided lack of thoroughness, your bias.  Thank you for finally
being honest.

Me:

>>  You care only about confirming and defending your own prejudices, and
>>  you wonder why some people call you racist.  I'm not calling you a
>>  racist, but it is an understandable perception.  When a man makes it
>>  obvious that he intends to argue only for his own bias, without
>>  examining the evidence presented him, people reasonably wonder, what
>>  bias is he trying so desperately to safeguard?

You:

> I defy you to defend your last sentence with real proof — which does
> not include your feelings or experiences.

My feelings and emotions aside, my last sentence you have defended
quite handily for me, and continue to do so with every sputtering
protest that your massaged excerpts equal a full and honest
investigation.

Chas