[Vision2020] Diverse teachings

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 22:58:39 PDT 2008

With the upcoming election discussions about politics are at a fevered pace. We all know how emotions can come into the race, but of course try to restrain. I've recently talked to numerous students attending the U of I. These students have mentioned how some professors are telling if not demanding that they(the students) vote for certain individuals.  In one case mentioning in a short film piece, that (paraphrasing here)"all you crackers need to vote". Political agendas should never be taught.

This language and these actions are unacceptable. Besides racist comments, a paid employee has no right to tell students how to vote. These mentors of higher education are here to provide diverse unbiased guidance for our youth. Nothing else can be tolerated.

If you hear about these teachings, please inform school officials.

MD