[Vision2020] Obama cancels interview with a Free (not in the tank) Press

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 07:06:09 PDT 2008

No Weatherman wrote:
> Chas:
>
> Ummmm.
>
> It's always easier to play poker with someone else's chips.
>
> Someday, if you're ever rakin in the dough, you'll resent the
> government confiscating your hard earned money to finance crackheads
> and welfare queens.

Is it somehow better for the middle class to finance the "crackheads and
welfare queens"?  That's what it comes down to.  Someone has to pay for
this war and the after effects of a tanking economy.  Who does it make
more sense to tax more?  The richest of the bunch who can stand to lose
more without facing hunger or eviction or having their power turned off,
or the majority of people that are just trying to make it from paycheck
to paycheck?

I think the system is better when it tries to help people who are down
on their luck, despite the fact that some people abuse the system.  Not
everyone believes that having wealth means you're any better of a person
than not having it.  You're just luckier.  When fate deals you a rotten
hand, even temporarily, it's in society's best interests to help you
through it.

Of course, no one knows even remotely how much you make and which
financial camp you fall in, because no one knows who you are.

Paul