[Vision2020] Equal Opportunity :-)

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 17:53:41 PDT 2008

As those who have been around the Viz awhile know, I uniformly find trolls,
spammers, and those who want to protect child molesters from accountability
all to be "moral slime properly to be shunned by decent society."

For those who are unsure of what trolls are, check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts
controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community,
such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of
provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt
normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

Note that a troll is different from simply an anonymous poster who may have
genuine and "legitimate" reasons for writing anonymously.

Clearly, different V2020 participants have different strategies of how best
to deal with trolls, and probably even varying definitions of what a troll
is.  I'm comfortable with mine for me, and my strategy of not engaging with
them has served me well  :-)  To each her/his own.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke