[Vision2020] The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XII: Her Pay Cut As Mayor

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 19 12:01:41 PDT 2008

The Atlantic

The Daily Dish

Andrew Sullivan

19 Oct 2008 01:23 pm

The Odd Lies Of Sarah Palin XII: Her Pay Cut As Mayor

TPM has the details
<http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/did_palin_really_ta
ke_a_pay_cu.php>  on this. As usual, the public statement from Palin:

"As mayor I took a voluntary pay cut, which didn't thrill my husband; and
then as governor I cut the personal chef position from the budget, and that
didn't thrill my hungry kids."

And as usual, the different reality:

As a Council member she voted against hiking the mayor's salary from $64,000
to $68,000, but it passed anyway. When she came in as mayor, she passed the
ordinance which brought her salary down to $61,200. But that may not
actually have taken effect, and Council-mandated raises brought her actual
salary up to $68,000.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/10/the-odd-lies-20
.html