[Vision2020] PUMA: “Barack Obama might as well have called John McCain a ‘Nigga Hating Cracker’ . . .”

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 09:50:40 PDT 2008

Here are a couple of links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOMdq-Y_E_Q&feature=related

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/06/in_fla_palin_goes_for_the_roug.html

There are lots of valid questions here.  Should McCain and Palin be
raked over the coals for what some nutjobs yell at the back of the
room?  Is their repetition of the phrase "domestic terrorist" and the
insinuation that Obama supports it actually inciting hate?  Is their
campaign doing enough to distance themselves from this kind of thing?
Should they come out and state, unequivocally, that that kind of
response is not welcome at their rallies?

But let's not pretend it didn't happen.  Even the Scranton Times article
referenced in your email states:

In other recent Republican town halls supporters had been heard yelling
comments about Mr. Obama such as “terrorist” and “off with his head.”

Making claims that these stories are planted by Obama supporters is, I
think, more indicative of your mindset here than it is of what is
actually happening.

I give McCain a smidgin of credit, because he has come out at least once
and tried to calm the crowd down.  He also looked uncomfortable in the
clip linked above.  I give Palin no credit whatsoever, because she
appears not to even consider what someone shouting "Kill Him!" in
response to her question about a Presidential candidate could mean in
the reality.

So why don't we stop digging at the candidates, and discuss the issues?

Paul