[Vision2020] New Subject: Affordable Housing in Moscow

mark seman baukunst at moscow.com
Sat Oct 18 02:57:50 PDT 2008

I would like to engage with others that might be interested in
participating within a community-based process [
http://ctb.ku.edu/en/tablecontents/sub_section_main_1327.htm]
(hybridized with a certain level of "organization of the artist"
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_organization_of_the_artist].

Over the coming months I want to collect ideas from Moscow citizens
about issues related to affordable housing.  My intent is to
inclusively draw on the community to gather input on the subject and
provide an educational opportunity for us all to learn from this
unique process of developing a small, but real, housing project.

More information & details will follow in time, but known specifics
are:

One acre site w/ one existing house
Zoned R2
Very near (6 blocks) schools, parks, recreation, transportation, open
space; close to (1 mile) goods & services; across town from UI.

Program creation & design have many market influences, just as the
construction does, but I currently expect to begin construction no
later than Spring 2009.

I suggest those interested in this process read City ordinances, the
attached documents, and the cited websites to learn more about
critical issues that will surface as we proceed.

My first question is quite simple to ask, although it will require
thoughtful consideration to limit your issues-development to a top 10
list for: " What's important to achieve?"

Respond when you can.  At first I plan a bi-weekly follow-up, then
seek a more productive frequency as the process evolves, since the
near future holds many important global & national issues for us all -
but I hope we can also address important local interests and
strategize towards meeting some community housing needs.

Mark

mark.r.seman.architect
     9 2 8 . 9 2 5 , 7 6 1 7