[Vision2020] Just an Observation

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Oct 14 19:56:34 PDT 2008

Visionaires,

It's interesting to me that every time the noxious and bellicose No
Weatherman posts on Moscow's Vision 2020, he posts a lot -- sometimes a
dozen or more a day -- and Doug Wilson's Blog and Mablog remains fairly
static. On the other hand, when Wilson is pounding away at B and M with
his peculiar brand of acerbic wit and dubious theology, No Weatherman's
posts to Vision 2020 virtually come to a halt.

Please, Lord, let it just be a coincidence.

No
Weatherman posted Sunday 'til a few minutes before Christ Church's
10:30 a.m. worship service, and that N. W. could be a local church
congregant is disheartening, given the amount of time it takes to shed
the vitriol and hatefulness that anonymity on a public email forum
affords someone before attending a church service. (One wonders how
conscience allowed him to take communion). Wilson, who says an Obama
victory would leave him "appalled," knows that the conventional wisdom
is that he or his pals are No Weatherman -- there's some history there,
lamentably -- but I sincerely hope that the ineffably rude N.W. is not
at all connected to Christ Church and its ministries. Mr. Wilson, are
you posting on Vision using a pseudonym? Are your elders, NSA
instructors, or other associates? Or could someone gleefully be taking
advantage of the conventional wisdom -- "it must be from Anselm House"
-- to hide behind you?

The thing is, we don't know. Now, if I
were thought to be an anonymous, rude, incendiary participant on a
community forum, I'd want everyone to know it ain't me -- because it
wouldn't be. No Weatherman has refused to identify himself, and by
using a pseudonym, he's confirmed that integrity is as low on his list
of virtues as charity and civility. His cowardly anonymity is pathetic;
if the pseudonym is employed to allow any public person, religious or
not, to bloviate in the rudest, most inflammatory manner possible, its
use is especially egregious. So here's some advice, which, along with
this entire post, I'll put on Vision 2020:

Drop the
combativeness, clean up the rhetoric, and you'll find a pseudonym to be
entirely unnecessary. If you're a pastor or elder, perhaps the need to
cloak snottiness in anonymity might finally strike you as inconsistent
with ministry. If you're not, it's time to seek out counsel from
someone wiser than you.

Heck, I'm just a girl, but you could even call me. By name.

Keely
http://keely-prevailingwinds.blogspot.com/