[Vision2020] More Palin Dishonesty

Saundra Lund sslund_2007 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 13 09:59:36 PDT 2008

Some people seem to not understand the timeline involved.  Wooten's threat
was supposedly made in ***2/2005*** to his wife McCann before Palin was even
running for governor and in the context of a nasty divorce & child custody
fight -- the threat wasn't reported until ***4/2005*** when McCann filed for
divorce.  The alleged treat was taken soo seriously by McCann & Palin that
they didn't even tell their father -- the subject of the alleged threat --
about the threat until McCann filed for divorce.  And, Palin herself took
the threat sooo seriously that she left the alleged incident in progresses
to attend a meeting in another community.

In addition to McCann, Sarah Palin & her son Track, who were apparently
listening to the argument over an open phone line, reportedly heard the
threat, which Wooten denies.  According to Track, they were listening to the
conversation to see if Wooten would admit he was having an affair.  Palin's
story is different.

In any case, according to the ADN:
"Wooten told troopers he never said anything like that about his
father-in-law.

The investigation concluded he did. It wasn't a crime, because he didn't
threaten Heath directly. But it did violate trooper policy, the
investigation found."

This finding is documented as Sustained as Unbecoming Conduct and Personal
Conduct violations in the "troopers (sic) memo of findings on Wooten," but
it's not mentioned in Grimes' letter suspending Wooten.

The recent investigation was about her abuse of power in the Palins
never-ending quest to have Wooten fired *after* she was elected governor and
two years after the alleged threat was made.  Note:  the abuses of power
happened after the investigation into the many McCann/Palin/Heath
allegations of Wooten's behavior had been completed and after he'd been
officially disciplined in 3/2006.  For those who don't know, Palin wasn't
elected until 11/2006; again, the alleged threat supposedly happened in
2/2005.

Chas, if you read the actual report, it really helps clarify things and
shows a very clear pattern of Sarah Palin's abuse of power and both Palins'
obsession in their vendetta against Wooten:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/politics/20081010_TROOPER.pdf

Quicker reads relating to the background:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/30/AR2008083002
366.html?hpid=topnews
http://www.adn.com/politics/story/476430.html (don't miss the pdf documents
-- they paint quite a picture divorce/custody nastiness and of gossip in
small towns)
http://www.newsweek.com/id/158140

Note:  based on what I've read, Wooten is an icky dude, but if you believe
the McCann/Palin/Heath clan, he was always an icky dude.  But, I didn't
choose to marry him and have two kids with him . . . and decide to stay with
him in spite of the subsequent allegations of illegal conduct that were
distant, longstanding, and ongoing.  Nor was I an in-law who condoned and
even participated in distant behavior I was later going to complain about.
Reading the pdf files, there seem to be more than a few unsavory characters
and behaviors in the McCann/Palin/Heath/Wooten circle.  Nonetheless, I find
it telling that while "everyone" apparently knew about all about Wooten's
conduct for a long time, no one complained until Palin's sister filed for
divorce, and then all sorts of outrageous allegations came out of the
woodwork from the McCann/Palin/Heath circle, virtually all of which were
unsubstantiated and discredited.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

***** Original material contained herein is Copyright 2008 through life plus
70 years, Saundra Lund.  Do not copy, forward, excerpt, or reproduce outside
author.*****