[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Oct 9 18:08:31 PDT 2008

Extracted from an interview of Cindy McCain in "Marie Claire", a monthly
womens' magazine at:

http://tinyurl.com/5yxmre

Q: You met your husband after his POW days. To what extent is that still
with you - or is it a part of history?

CINDY McCAIN: My husband will be the first one to tell you that that’s in
the past. Certainly it’s a part of who he is, but he doesn’t dwell on it.
It’s not part of a daily experience that we experience or anything like
that. But it has shaped him. It has made him the leader that he is.

Q: But no cold sweats in the middle of the night?

CINDY McCAIN: Oh, no, no, no, no, no. My husband, he’d be the first one to
tell you that he was trained to do what he was doing. The guys who had the
trouble were the 18-year-olds who were drafted. He was trained, he went to
the Naval Academy, he was a trained United States naval officer, and so he
knew what he was doing.

So, the only people susceptible to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
are young "untrained" service members?

Is this how a potential first lady supports our troops?

Seeya at farmers' Market, Moscow.

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)