[Vision2020] ACORN: More Fraud You Can Believe In

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 14:59:56 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 12:36, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> More than a few overworked employees. This has occurred in at least a half a dozen states. You are making excuses for them.I have said that what Liddy did was wrong, why won.t you admit that what ACORN is doing is wrong?

Because "ACORN" did nothing.  Dishonest employees working of their own
accord did.

To cut-and-paste:

Applicants were fabricated and documents falsified for the reasons I
already gave.  To elaborate: tired, unwise, probably underpaid workers
trying to meet their daily or weekly quota.  I've seen it happen it
telesales, I've seen it happen in "tele-surveys" when workers invented
applicants for the same bad reasons.

It was wrong, it was stupid, and I am neither condoning nor justifying
it.  But there is no evidence that it was endemic, institutionalized,
or encouraged by ACORN.

So there were a few bad apples who were turned in by ACORN, and a raid
proceeds, either occuring independently or inspired by ACORN's
disclosure.

That isn't remotely similar to criminal acts actually coordinated by
the executive branch of government.