[Vision2020] Veterans group doesn't give John McCain 21-gunsalute

nickgier at roadrunner.com nickgier at roadrunner.com
Thu Oct 9 13:45:34 PDT 2008

Hi Roger,

I don't know the details of these Vet bills, but I doubt if they have much pork in them, unless you call increased college and medical help for vets "pork."  I guess I want to challenge you to show the pork.

I agree with Sue.  McCain lost all credibility about anti-pork when he chose Pork Queen Palin.  Just think: a state with .23 percent of the population receives 4.8 percent of the earmarks!

Besides, McCain doesn't follow through on this tough talk. When McCain met an ovarian cancer patient at a Pennsylvania clinic, he promised her that he would not cut the earmark that made her experimental treatment possible.  When reporters asked about studying bear DNA, McCain's favorite earmark to trash, his office would not even say that this one would go (The New Republic (6/11/08).

Vote Obama/Biden!

Nick