[Vision2020] An Obama Dilemma

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 11:05:07 PDT 2008

Hansen,

You love spinning any comment you disagree with to incorrectly appear as a broad attack on "men and women in uniform" don't you? How sad and demeaning to veterans I service everyday.

I only judge McCain's service because he put it out there to be judged and as proof that he is fit to be President.

So I openly look at it. It is honorable that McCain was willing and able to serve his country. It was honorable that he risked his life for this country. It was honorable that he gave up his place in line to be released early as a POW. He was brave for what he did. If it were not for that bravery, this country would not exist as it does now.

However, you also have to look at the rest of his record. He bombed people, volunteered. He wasn't forced. And he didn't do it for the protection or honor of the country. He did it because he was a blood thirsty hotshot fighter pilot.

The his entire record was not honorable.

Just because John McCain suffered honorably as a POW, doesn't take away the suffering that he caused others by his actions.

No, I don't blame Vietnam solders for policies and decisions made by their government, as you ignorantly try to proclaim. They were doing what they thought was right at the time and serving their country. But, if they want to use dropping napalm on children as a qualification for being president or evidence of good judgment, or holding any elected office for that matter, I am going to disagree with it and say so.

If you think that is being dishonorable to soldiers, that can only be because you are ignorant of the argument, and are more apt to have stupid knee jerk responses to everything, like support the Iraqi War from the beginning and attack good men like General Wesley Clark who goes against the top brass in Washington.

Best Regards,

Donovan