[Vision2020] Underground: A Poem by Barack Obama

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 07:33:38 PDT 2008

Mr., Ms., Mrs., or Messrs. Anonymous,  we get it.  You loathe Obama.
You loathe Obama the man, and wish to share your loathing of him with us
in the hopes we won't vote him into office.  You'll continue to loathe
him through the election, through what I hope is his first term in
office, and probably for the rest of your life.  Honestly, we get it.

What we haven't seen is any concern on your part about his actual views
on the issues.  You care about who he has indirect or run-of-the-mill
interactions with, you care about his exact citizenship status, and you
care about what poetry he wrote when he was 19.  I haven't seen you
tearing his platform apart.  I've just seen you attacking the man.

Paul