[Vision2020] ON LIST

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:31:49 PDT 2008

NW --

Wong Kim Ark actually articulates the necessary conditions to possess
citizenship from birth; conditions which Obama clearly meets. The
argument you are trying to make is that "natural born citizen" does
not mean "USC possessing citizenship from birth," which is the plain
meaning of the text. You're reading a prohibition against ever having
possessed citizenship of a different nation into a text which contains
only affirmative language; a prohibition which, if applied, would
disqualify anyone with a non-USC parent and our first seven
Presidents.

It's odd that this line of reasoning wasn't actually applied to the
actual presidents whose faces are on our currency.

-- ACS