[Vision2020] Bees

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:18:09 PDT 2008

“But I think we’re the ones suffering from Colony Collapse Disorder. Because although nobody really knows for sure what’s killing the bees, it’s not al-Qaeda, and it’s not God doing some of his Old Testament shtick, and it’s not Winnie the Pooh. It’s us. It could be from pesticides, or genetically modified food, or global warming, or the high-fructose corn syrup we started to feed them. Recently it was discovered that bees won’t fly near cell phones — the electromagnetic signals they emit might screw up the bees’ navigation system, knocking them out of the sky. So thanks guy in line at Starbucks, you just killed us. It’s nature’s way of saying, ‘Can you hear me now?’”

- Bill Maher

Seeya round town, Moscow.

From: idahovandal1 at live.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:42:45 -0700Subject: [Vision2020] Bees

My office co-workers and I were discussing what seemed to us to be a real paucity of bee sightings or encounters this summer in Moscow.  I honestly don't recall seeing more than just a very few, and neither do they.  Evidence of the "bee die-off"?   Carl Westberg Jr.