[Vision2020] Natural Born Citizen: Evasion You Can Believe In

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 23:41:41 PDT 2008

The Senate had to pass a law to declare John McCain a Natural Born Citizen who was born abroad.

It is true Natural Born Citizen has not been litigated. However, the law is pretty precise as to what it means. Both McCain and Obama are natural born citizens according to current federal law.

My father was born on a US military base out of the country, as was McCain. But a US military base is considered US soil.

I believe it was Martian Van Buren that was the first President that was born in United States. All prior presidents were born on British soil.

If I were a McCain supporter I would not be bringing up the issue of natural born citizenship considering that it took an act from Congress, that could still technically be challenged by the courts, that McCain is a natural born citizen. I'm not sure if Congress has the Constitutional Authority to change or define the term "Natural Born Citizen" to its choosing, to fit one of their own so he can run for President. I am however, fairly certain that Hawaii is on US soil long before the birth of Obama.

Best Regards,

Donovan