[Vision2020] An Obama Dilemma

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 12:59:04 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:41, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> As briefly mentioned in this article: Obama announced his candidacy for the US Senate from Ayers home.

Our very own Declaration of Independence rather explicitly endorsed
armed rebellion, Roger.  The founding fathers would have been proud of
Ayers, at least in principle.  Unless they were as hypocritical then
as now.  He was, after all, pursuing the courage of his convictions.

So a courageous man with whom nearly everyone disagrees -- myself
included, incidentally -- hosts a coffee luncheon for a man who would
later become a presidential candidate, and this is scandalous?  Or
newsworthy how?

Ayers was trying to save lives.  He was misguided, yes.  But he was
unquestionably a "patriot," which is a species that Republicans and
other conservatives normally approve of, so I am saddened by the
double-standard.

[My own take on patriots and patriotism is less generous.]

Meanwhile, brave men in the Bush administration -- or, as I like to
think of them, men with big pens but small brains -- redefine
contraception as abortion, because it is so vitally important in
impoverished nations that every egg is hospitable to every sperm, or
at least those who have been valiant enough to swim all the way up a
fallopian tube to greet them.

Which, of course, results in more abortions.  But isn't abortion murder?!?

I am so confused by all of this that I just derailed myself!