[Vision2020] Barack Obama: Racism You Can Believe In

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 10:52:54 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 07:56, No Weatherman <no.weatherman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Obama supporters and the Democratic Party are the two common
> denominators in these quotes. They play the race card against
> themselves as fast as they play it against the right. Hypocrites all.

I'm not trying to be deliberately argumentative.  There are
Republicans and Democrats both who are good people, and there are
Republicans and Democrats both who are hypocrites.  I see the
percentages as being approximately equal in each party.

Ferraro certainly doesn't speak for the Democratic party.  Her
bitterness made her thoughtless in her public speech.  I hope she is
at least ashamed of herself.  But I feel no more charitable towards
Hilary Clinton.  I was prepared to vote for her, until I watched her
vituperative, divisive campaigning.  The Republican National Committee
didn't need to waste time or money digging up dirt on Obama because
Clinton did it for them.

Two of your remaining examples were Republicans using race in the
campaign, not the other way around (the dollar bills story and the
foreign contributions story), so I'm not sure why you mentioned them,
unless it was for balance.

You aren't exactly mudslinging, but nor are you bringing up subjects
that can be profitably debated.

I have a weather-obsessed friend who will sometimes announce, apropos
of nothing:  "It's raining in Seoul."  You can replace "Seoul" with
virtually any city on which Weather Underground reports.  I will
respond with "It's snowing in Berlin," and we will volley this
pointless (and, in my case, usually untrue) information back and
forth, with him never comprehending that I don't care.

I know that sounds rude, and I apologize.  That isn't my intention.  I
enjoy engaging in heated dialogue.  but it has to have a handle,
first.  A point of contention.

if you want a topic that is scandalous, how about the disgraceful
voter purging that Republicans have been engaging in for decades?  I
don't see Democrats resorting to this chicanery.  I don't care whether
it is legal or not, it isn't ethical.  Aren't any Republicans
embarrassed by it?  Voter suppression and caging lists are wrong,
full-stop.