[Vision2020] Palin tax returns for 2006 and 2007 released

No Weatherman no.weatherman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:27:32 PDT 2008

Ms. Lund,

I just searched the transcript of the debate and couldn't find the
quote you referenced. The closest I could find was this:

"PALIN: I do take issue with some of the principle there with that
redistribution of wealth principle that seems to be espoused by you.
But when you talk about Barack's plan to tax increase affecting only
those making $250,000 a year or more, you're forgetting millions of
small businesses that are going to fit into that category. So they're
going to be the ones paying higher taxes thus resulting in fewer jobs
being created and less productivity.

Now you said recently that higher taxes or asking for higher taxes or
paying higher taxes is patriotic. In the middle class of America which
is where Todd and I have been all of our lives, that's not patriotic.
Patriotic is saying, government, you know, you're not always the
solution. In fact, too often you're the problem so, government, lessen
the tax burden and on our families and get out of the way and let the
private sector and our families grow and thrive and prosper. An
increased tax formula that Barack Obama is proposing in addition to
nearly a trillion dollars in new spending that he's proposing is the
backwards way of trying to grow our economy."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/02/debate.transcript/index.html

Just the facts, Ma'am, and it's good to know that I'm not the only one
you misrepresent.