[Vision2020] An Obama Dilemma

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:28:34 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 18:35, g. crabtree <jampot at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> What is not so much offensive as hilarious is someone who chooses to hop up
> onto their moral high horse concerning one anonymous contributor while
> having ignored or lauded so many others. Where was your massive concern when
> we were regularly receiving missives from B. Herodotus, P.Place, T.
> Scimitar, J. Flores, and last but far from the least (prolific) J.Ford?

Of those you name above, only J. Ford is familiar to me, and everyone
knew who she was, so her identity was hardly anonymous.  Besides, when
it is obvious that someone is mentally troubled, or don't posses
enough of their wits to pose anything but a minor distraction, it is
wasted effort to protest too strenuously their anonymous participation
in a public forum.  However, when they are clever enough and eloquent
enough that their participation is destructive -- in other words, when
they are effective trolls -- then there is reason to object.

> seem to recall several instances of your leaping to the defense of at least
> one of these miscreants. Clearly the problem that you are having with Mr.
> Weatherman is that he has the unmitigated gall to bring up topics along with
> citations that you find uncomfortable and difficult to reconcile.

If No.Weatherman were delivering citations about subjects which I
cared, I would certainly address them.  But I don't care whether Obama
is black, or queer, or Muslim, or a fornicator, or anything about his
personal life at all.  I care only that he is able to be a "good
President," whatever that means.  I suppose that I also shallowly care
what international neighbors think, and our neighbors love Obama, with
a few exceptions.

And the Barack Hussein Obama usage is infantile, used only to tweak
noses.  When I am in a dialogue with a man who has already shown his
colors by his glee in tweaking noses, I am immediately more cautious,
more distrusting. Unfortunately, I am not circumspect in resisting
bait.  Think of all of the senseless quarrels I logically should have
avoided between myself and Donovan.

When No.Weatherman broaches a subject that I feel demands a reasoned
response, I won't be able to prevent myself wading in.  But that
hasn't happened yet.

Chas